Followers

Translate

NYC Psychotherapist Blog

power by WikipediaMindmap

Friday, June 5, 2009

What is Low Self Esteem?

Self esteem is a big topic. I'll be covering this topic in a few posts.

What is Low Self Esteem?

To understand what low self esteem is, let's define what we mean by self esteem.

Self esteem is how we see and feel about ourselves.

Low self esteem is when we have a low opinion of ourselves.

Ask yourself:

Have I ever described myself as being weak, stupid, unlovable, or powerless?

Do I tend to compare myself unfavorably to others?

Do I have negative feelings about my appearance? Do I think that people won't like me because I feel too fat or too thin?

Do I tend to engage in negative self talk?

When I go to a party or some other social event, do I feel that I won't have anything interesting to say and that the other people there won't want to meet me?

If you have answered "yes" to two or more of these questions, you might be struggling with low self esteem and you might benefit from psychotherapy.

To find out more about me, visit my website: Josephine Ferraro, LCSW - NYC Psychotherapist

To set up an appointment call me at (917) 742-2624 during business hours or email me.

See my articles: 
What is Low Self Esteem?
Is Your Relationship Damaging Your Self Esteem?
Low Self Esteem? Take Steps to Increase Your Sense of Self Worth