|Achieving Your Goals: Learn to Celebrate Small Successes Along the Way|
Often, when people are so focused on achieving goals, they only give themselves credit at the point when they have completed the goal and not for the interim steps that represent small successes along the way.
|Achieving Your Goals: Mary's Story|
|Achieving Your Goals: Betty's Story|
- breaking down her goal into smaller, manageable parts
- seeing her final goal as a process and being patient
- rewarding herself for her smaller successes to stay motivated along the way to her ultimate goal
- being able to feel good about herself and accept praise from her emotional support system
- sticking with her plan, learning new strategies, making changes and not getting discouraged
Getting Help in Therapy
Even when people know that they need to celebrate their small successes along the way, there are often emotional obstacles that make it difficult for them to do this for themselves, especially if they don't feel good about themselves.
Many people struggle with this issue, and everyone needs help at some point in their lives, so you're not alone.
Getting help from a licensed mental health professional and sticking with therapy can help you to overcome the particular emotional obstacles that are keeping you from accomplishing your goals.
I am a licensed NYC psychotherapist, hypnotherapist, EMDR and Somatic Experiencing therapist who works with individual adults and couples.
I have helped many clients to achieve their goals and live more fulfilling lives.
To find out more about me, visit my website: Josephine Ferraro, LCSW - NYC Psychotherapist.
To set up a consultation, call me at (212) 726-1006 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.