|Overcoming Your Fear of Attending Psychotherapy to Overcome Emotional Trauma|
- a fear that the therapist will plunge them back into the traumatic experience and they will feel overwhelmed
- a fear that they will be blamed for their trauma and the therapist will see them as being "bad"
- a fear that some part of the traumatic experience that they might not remember will emerge and they'll "fall apart"
- a fear that they'll have nightmares that will overwhelm them
- a fear that they'll feel helpless in therapy
- a fear that their own poor sense of self will be confirmed by the therapist
- a fear of going to a new therapist based on bad experiences with prior therapists
- a fear of the unknown
|It's Not Unusual For People to Be Afraid to Attend Therapy to Overcome Emotional Trauma|
|You Can Overcome Your Emotional Trauma By Seeing a Psychotherapist Who is a Trauma Expert|
Overcoming Your Fear of Attending Psychotherapy to Recover From Trauma - Part 2: Finding a Trauma Therapist
photo credit: Toni Blay via photopin cc
photo credit: -alexpete via photopin cc
photo credit: unprose via photopin cc