- "She's so much thinner than I am."
- "He makes more money than I do."
- "He's funnier than I am."
- "She's prettier than I am."
|How to Stop Comparing Yourself Unfavorably to Others|
- Recognize that everyone of us is different and each of us has unique qualities
- Be aware that, even though you might think that you're being "objective" in your comparisons, people often project their own sense of self doubt into their comparisons
- Transform feelings of envy toward others into admiration, and if there's something that you can learn from someone that might help you to make a positive change, be open to discovering it
I work with individual adults and couples.